The Covid-19 vaccine is now being rolled out across West Essex. Those who are most at risk from Covid-19 and the people that provide care to them are being prioritised first. Please do not contact us for your vaccine – wait to be called. In line with national guidance and to protect those who are the most at risk first, the vaccine is initially being offered in the community to people aged over 65. You will be contacted when it’s your turn for a vaccine. Please see the Covid Priority Poster so you know which cohort you will be called in.
Any patient over the age of 65 years can now ring the practice on 01992 260002 to arrange their first Covid vaccination appointment. The vaccination centre is at St Margaret’s Hospital, Epping, and you will be given a date and time to attend there. Please do not call us if you are under the age of 65 as we are currently only offering appointments to people in cohorts 1,2, 3, 4, 5 & 6. Cohort 6 are patients with underlying health conditions and will be given priority.
Please do not ring the practice to book your Covid vaccine unless you have received a text or letter asking you to do so. We are working through the lists in order of priority and you will be contacted when it’s your turn.
The NHS COVID-19 Vaccination programme
- The NHS was the first in the world to deliver both the Pfizer/BioNTech and Oxford/AstraZeneca vaccines, and has continued to make strong progress.
- Over fifteen (15) million people have now had a vaccine in England, putting us way ahead of comparable countries, and we are confident that we can fulfil our ambition to offer first doses to everyone in the top priority groups by the middle of February.
- With supplies available increasing we continue to accelerate, and as part of that the first community pharmacies are now opening, providing another option people can choose to get protected alongside a thousand other hospitals and GP-led services now running.
- Many more facilities will follow over the coming days and weeks, providing extra capacity to give people who need it that crucial first dose – which the evidence shows gives you the vast majority of your protection from the virus - as quickly as possible.
- NHS staff are doing an incredible job to deliver what it is the largest vaccination programme in our history, at the same time as continuing to be there for everyone who needs care, but we need the public to play their part too:
- please don’t contact the NHS to seek a vaccine, we will contact you;
- when we do contact you, please attend your booked appointments at exactly the time you’re asked to, so that we can avoid queues in this cold weather;
- and please continue to follow all the guidance in place to control the virus and save lives, even if you have already had your vaccine.
The surgery is now contacting patients who are in cohorts 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 and 6 to offer them the COVID-19 vaccination.
The vaccine will be available at St Margaret's Hopsital, Epping, and will be on a pre-booked appointment basis. If you have a family member over 65 or under 65 but with serious underlying health conditions, you can call us on 01992 260002 to book an appointment on their behalf during opening hours.
Majority of our housebound patients have already been vaccinated and we are compiling a list for others. This is a new vaccine so for safety reasons we are trying to deliver it in a healthcare setting for as many people that can reach there.
We appreciate your patience as we manage the additional demand the vaccination programme presents.
If you have any questions about the vaccine please go to https://www.gov.uk/government/publications/covid-19-vaccination-guide-for-older-adults
If a parent /carer has concerns about the welfare of a child or young person:
Call 0345 603 7627 or click on link below for further information
If you have concerns about the welfare of an adult:
Call 0345 6037630 or click on link below for further information
For advice and support regarding domestic abuse:
Call Compass Essex Domestic Abuse Helpline on
0330 333 7 444 or click on link below for further information
Welcome to The Market Square Surgery
The Market Square GP surgery in Waltham Abbey provides high quality healthcare to patients in the West Essex area. Our doctors, nurses and all our other staff are dedicated to offering a professional service.
The practice is located in the Waltham Abbey Health Centre which is purpose built and is accessible to all patients as it meets current requirements for disabled/wheelchair users.
As well as a source of information about our practice and the services we provide, we hope you will use this website as a useful resource for other health-related information.
We will always respect your privacy, dignity and your religious and cultural beliefs particularly when intimate examinations are advisable - these will only be carried out with your express agreement and you will be offered a chaperone to attend the examination if you so wish.
You may also request a chaperone when making the appointment or on arrival at the surgery (please let the receptionist know) or at any time during the consultation.
NHS to offer ‘long covid’ sufferers help at specialist centres